Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day.....Bleh!

I hate this stupid "holiday". No apologies to everyone who love doing cutsie whatever on this day. I love Paul, I don't need a special day set out where I feel pressured to do something special for him (and he shouldn't feel pressured to do anything for me, not that he will). This is just another way for men to get spoiled by their significant others while they conveniently forget to return the favour. Well I say screw it, I'm just not gonna bother this year (although once I get in the grocery store today I'll probably feel guilted into buying at least a card).

2 comments:

My Family Adventures said...

Hey Sue, it's not all that bad. We'll have to try to do something with our hubbies when we get back to Calgary. Tami said that she would babysit the kidlets.

monkey chick said...

I think my main point was it's just another excuse to spend money foolishly. And it comes on the tail of the most expensive commercial holiday of the year (Christmas). I'd much rather set one night a month to do a date night with Paul than to feel pressured to do something super special one day a year. I was watching on the news that one man bought a $100000 totally loaded Range Rover for his wife for v-day. That is just stupid, talk about buying someones love.