Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A-hole bus driver

I had to take the bus yesterday, with both kidlets, to Rosie's doctor appointment. In the interest of saving time and not having to battle my independant 2 year old every step of the way, I took the stroller. So here I am with Ryan in the snuggli and Rosie in the stroller. Oh, before I go on I should tell you that the transit employees are on a work to rule thingee. Essentially this means none of them are working any overtime. Because they are so severely understaffed this means less service (not as many buses or trains). So anyway I go to get on the bus and the driver gets right cranky with me c'cause I have a stroller and will take up more room. He says that if the bus gets full I have to fold up the stroller. Uh,yeah, how the hell would I do that with Ryan in the snuggli. I mean would he refuse me access to the bus if I was in a wheelchair. It got worse from there (not for me). He was a total a-hole to all the people getting on, he even totally skipped a stop where someone wanted off. Ok, if you're pissed off with your work conditions:
a)don't take it out on your customers and
b)for christs sake quit if you're that miserable and get another job. It's not like Calgary is lacking in the job department.
I have to take the bus to another appointment tomorrow and if the driver is an a-hole to me or others I'm going to give him a taste of his own medicine. I hate miserable bastards.

No comments: