Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Coming to a Close

As we wind down another year, I am a little saddened to see it end on another tragic story (the 8 dead snowmobilers from Sparwood). I'm sure it's not the only major (good or bad) event happening these last few days but of course, the media does not want to report anything uplifting and happy. I find that sad.
It has been an interesting year (but really, aren't they all?). Started 2008 standing in line at Wal-Mart in Kelowna discovering (from a magazine cover) that Heath Ledger had died. Don't know why but I was a little devestated by this. Funny how a person can care about the death of someone that they don't even know. Anyhow here are some more things that stick out in my mind about this year:
-the massive earthquake that hit China and the following aftermath of death and destruction
-how China pulled off a very impressive Olympics months after
-the first black president (and by a landslide)
-our (Canada's) political fiasco
-the global financial meltdown
-Rosie's first day of preschool
-Paul kicking ass at work and getting promoted to senior assistant manager
-the uncertainty in Louisiana during hurricane Gustav (I think it was that hurricane)

There are so many events that are noteworthy but those are the few that really stick out in my mind. I hope 2009 brings a whole lot of change (for the positive). Happy New Years everyone.

No comments: